- 15 minutes of yoga to stretch out, focused on hips, thighs & upper back
- 10 minutes of brisk walk at 2.0 incline to warm up
- 45 minutes of circuit strength training
- 17 minutes of C25K, W2D1. Stopped cause my fussy right ankle sprained mid-stride and was too tender to put weight on
I haven’t worked out as much as I like so was feeling a tad wimpy. However, I did have a few interesting moments of realization:
- I have finally learned how to focus and isolate – actually use the right muscle. For example, with a bench press I’m not pushing the bar with my hands, I’m using chest and shoulders to press the weight. It’s making a big difference in my strength and form.
- I’m learning the difference between “tired” and “hmm, that doesn’t feel right“.
- I’m not always immediately hungry after working out. I think it’s a knee-jerk reaction, my psychological coping mechanism kicking in.”Oh you worked hard – let’s eat something!” I stopped for a tuna unwich but didn’t want it once I started eating it. I put it away and ate about an hour later when I really was hungry.
I’m not to upset on not completing W2D1. I was jogging pretty darn well but hips/knees were odd. It was most likely from doing leg work right before cardio. I’ll repeat W2D1 on Tuesday and own it 🙂