My Friday was so pleasant I could have happily gone back to work today LOL I was just so refreshed, energized, and happy 🙂
So what got me there?
- I got my shots! I have been unable to find my childhood immunization records so I haven’t been able to register for classes. I had to pay out of pocket, plus I needed to be over the sinus plague, so this has been something that has unfortunately been delayed many times. The nurses at the Health Department told me to move my arms to help the shots disperse. I asked about going to the gym later in the day and was told that was an excellent idea. Whew! I did end up taking some Tylenol before bed as I felt a smidge sore and feverish.
- Yoga book! I wanted a book that would give me good photos and information on poses (where I’m supposed to be pressing/pushing/opening, what muscles to activate, etc) plus flow sequences. I think this one may do the trick, The Women’s Health Big Book of Yoga. I actually bought the paperback book so I could have it on the floor by my mat.
- 2.5 hours at the gym! My trainer got delayed so instead of coming home I got in some cardio (treadmill and bike), then worked 2 circuits on the machines. To make up for his being late, he gave me more than hour so I actually racked up 2 and 1/2 hours at the gym – WOOF!
- Lamb chops for dinner! not something I would eat every week but damn, they are yummy! I marinate them in olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and a little tarragon. Throw them in a cast iron skillet to get a good crust then gobble them down!
- Lower BMI!!! Checked my BMI using the Wii and while still Obese, I am at a significantly lower number. I was 43.45 and now 40.51! YES!!!
- New workout pants – Comfy and don’t look too shabby 😛
- The Diet Cure book – I read about this on a /r/xxfitness thread, and thought I’d give it a read. Hopefully it will provide some relief for my horrible sugar addiction. I’ve had some good result cutting wheat and limiting my dairy, I know if I could get rid of the excess sugar I’ll feel even better. I downloaded the Nook version.
- Back in the gym tonight – Eager to see what I can do tonight.
- Will start working out before work – my trainer is being absolutely awesome and flexible with my work schedule. We’re going to try meeting up about 2 hours before I go to work. I’ll pack a bag and shower/change at the gym.
- Getting a game plan for the week worked out – with the above new workout schedule I will have to be organized. Plus I want to get my meals cooked & organized. I ate out far too much last week.